*To be given to children of separated parents
Peterborough’s Four Counties Family Mediation helps with mediation process during separation, divorce, and other family disputes. The following rules are to help children of separated parents. Parents should try to follow these rules and children should feel comfortable enough to remind parents of these rules, especially if they are being broken.
- Parents are not to use children as messengers
- Parents are not to use children as spies
- Parents are not to ask their children to keep parents’ secrets
- Parents are not to say bad things about the other parent in front of the children
- Parents are not to make their children feel that they have to choose one parent over the other
- Parents must accept the children’s right to love, and be loved, by both parents